Started a new project

New Forum!! Post up what you've got, where to go, and mods you've done!

Moderators: Exec Committee, Mods, Admin

Reeko
Golf Pro

Started a new project

Post by Reeko » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:15 am

Well with my wife and daughter out of the country it gives me plenty of opportunities to ask for forgiveness as opposed to asking for permission so I decided to speed up my purchase of a trailer before they come back as well as my annual Birthday ride to Windrock in April.

Since I have bought a lot of stuff from Gatormade over the years one of the Mosley boys gives me wholesale pricing on most anything I want so he made me a really good deal on a 20'V-Nose, Torsion 10K dual braking axle trailer with spare tire and RV style latch on Friday. I had planned to pull the trigger on that this past Monday but playing around on Craigslist I found a contender down in the Smoky Mountains.

I found a 2004 18' converted East Tenn Trailer that was worth taking a look at it. He wanted $8,500 for it on the ad and I was able to talk him down a good bit through email to make it worth my time to drive down. Went riding on Saturday and decided to head down to the Smokies on Sunday to look at it. Loaded up the Cummins and took a wad of cash with me and ended up buying it.

Specs:
2004 East Tenn Trailer

2 - braking 3,500 lbs braking axles

Goodyear Radial Trailer tires in good shape and no dry rot

Set up with 4 bunk beds and one fold down couch/bed

Fridge, AC/with heat strip, double sink, fresh water tank, 3 burner stove, plenty of cabinets, hot water heater, shower, toilet, load levelers, weight distribution hitch with sway control, dual LP gas tanks, deep cycle battery, RV Door with screen and some windows.

The bad, over the winter the seam cracked on the roof and it had some water leaking in by the back door so this helped me with negotiations on price.

So I paid the man and he gave me all of the manuals for all of the purchased parts for the appliances.

The unit was set up for a guy that rode a 4 wheeler so my RZR won't initially fit in there. So I brought it home and started some demo work on it. I didn't find any real surprises luckily and the water damage was less than I though so that is good. I will need to replace 1 sheet of ply wood on the walls and some insulation as well as 1 sheet of flooring plywood.

I took down the beds on the right wall since I needed to have enough space to get the RZR in. Pulled the wall apart for the water damage and removed the fresh water tank and fold down bed since the tank was under it. After 2 nights of demo I was able to get the RZR in and it fits snug but it will work. I can even go up to a 4 seater and have it fit if need be.

So currently plans for mods are to do the following:
Run some more wiring for additional AC110 outlets (only 1 duplex box currently)
Replace the 2 slot breaker box with a 6 slot.
Fab up a way to get the fold down couch to work up against the wall for storage
Put the bunk beds back on the wall
Add a microwave
Change all the 12V incadesent lights over to LED
Put down the Northern Tool rubber coin flooring
Add CD/DVD player with flat screen TV in the front
Redo the location for the fresh water and add black and gray water tanks. Already plumped but previous owner had it dumping into a wheeled honey do bucket.
Inspect and repack the bearings.

All-in-all, pretty happy with the purchase. Just need to get it "nice and pretty" for the wife before they come home at the end of the month.

Neglected little porky TJ. Oh, and it is red!

landroverhyter
Official Club Member

Re: Started a new project

Post by landroverhyter » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:36 am

Very nice set up!
Hyter, Jessica and Boone
Our jeep...
http://www.kentuckykrawlers.org/forum/v ... f=3&t=8395

TwoStep
Official Club Member

Post by TwoStep » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:49 am

Eric,
I can't see the pic's but that might be my work's internet blocking them. I saw it on FB last night though and it looks NICE!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing screams poor workmanship more than wrinkles in the duct tape.

or
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ

SweetPee
Official Club Member

Post by SweetPee » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:14 pm

Reeko wrote:Well with my wife and daughter out of the country it gives me plenty of opportunities to ask for forgiveness as opposed to asking for permission so I decided to speed up my purchase
Least you have a place to sleep if your thrown into the dog house! Looks good man!

Reeko
Golf Pro

Post by Reeko » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 pm

I think I will need it once she comes home. She wasn't happy when I had a Skype chat with her last night.

Reeko
Golf Pro

Post by Reeko » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:17 pm

TwoStep wrote:Eric,
I can't see the pic's but that might be my work's internet blocking them. I saw it on FB last night though and it looks NICE!!
The pics are pulling from FB so that is most likely why.

tycruise84
Unverified Spammer

Post by tycruise84 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:17 am

Too bad, I can't see the pics.

Reeko
Golf Pro

Post by Reeko » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm

tycruise84 wrote:Too bad, I can't see the pics.

Dude that post is from 5 years ago.