Let's build something.

General discussion area. Anything goes here.

Moderators: Exec Committee, Mods, Admin

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Re: Let's build something.

Post by donthaveaclue » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:16 pm

I've run until a snafu with the title. Project is now on hold.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Justwes
Official Club Member

Post by Justwes » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:22 am

any chance those front fenters from the chevy survived?
K10 D60/14B 42's

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Post by donthaveaclue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:39 am

No. The blazer was rusted as could be.

TwoStep
Official Club Member

Post by TwoStep » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:55 am

sucks about the title. good luck!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing screams poor workmanship more than wrinkles in the duct tape.

or
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Post by donthaveaclue » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:02 pm

I traded the blazer frame for a 2wd 22r 5speed Toyota frame. Maybe a 5speed with divorced transfer case in the future? Anywho as you notice the color has changed with the 4runner. I picked up a 85 22re auto. Shes got some rust but for the proce I'm fine with that. I can get it to run for the life of me on it's own. I can bypass several things and she purrs. I actually drove it around the yard today. The front springs are shot and for what it cost to fix them I ordered a 3" suspension lift with new front springs and shocks. ImageImageImage

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Post by donthaveaclue » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:05 pm

And yes this girl is in my name and tagged. Went ahead and insured it as well for test drive purposes. The interior is shot luckily the seats from the 90 with volt right up.

I messed with the rear window and the regulator is fubared. I've got a spare gate off the 90 and the regulator assembly looks like itll bolt right up. ImageImage

The 85 with the extra frames and engine along with the lift kit and 90 body I've got about $1400 in it. I should be able to recoup a few hundred with random parts I plan on selling.

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Post by donthaveaclue » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:19 pm

Started sealing the floor and installed 2nd gen seats and console. Waiting on some wire and a intake hose to get it back to running. I should have it driving so next weekend I can get the lift installed. I also relocated the ecm. Glove box will be trimmed so it goes over it.ImageImage

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Post by donthaveaclue » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:40 pm

So I've assessed the situation. I need a engine, want a 5 speed, and of course eventually gearing. Taller tires as those are good to. After figuring it all out it's cheaper to by one built which someone mentioned somewhere in internet land. My buddy hasn't used his crawler in 4 years. I have kept it up and used it with very little reapairs. Its built for more than I need or want but shes got lots of good parts and everything works.

22r with a modified weber, 5 speed, 5.29 gears, chrome moly axles. Welder spiders front and rear with solid front hubs. Crossover steering

I've talked about buying it but I want something for road worthy, a windshield, and heat so that's why I got the 4runner. Anywho I bought the crawler today. Comes with a winch which he has to dig out and a set of 1st gen humvee wheels and tires(I think?) He already welded in 2 of the 6 log centers on the bead locks.

I've got a new 3" suspension lift. Hes got a longer spring up front and y(?) Linked rear. While it's got a ton of travel its sketchy on the road. I dont think 3" of left will let the 4 runner clear the 37s. Image

TwoStep
Official Club Member

Post by TwoStep » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:21 am

so the 4runner engine and trans is toast?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing screams poor workmanship more than wrinkles in the duct tape.

or
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Post by donthaveaclue » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:10 am

TwoStep wrote:so the 4runner engine and trans is toast?
Wiring is complete crap. Corrosion has killed it. I'd prefer a 5speed to the auto. Main thing is I know the condition of the drivetrain in the crawler. I also have a sneaking suspicion that the head gasket is blown on the 22re in the 4 runner.

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Post by donthaveaclue » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:10 pm

Started some floor repair. To much rust to fix correctly. Fiberglass is the route im going. Got the lift on. I actually drive it a bit and plan on running it a lot this weekend. It's on 33s but I'd like to find a set of 35s. ImageImageImageImage

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Post by donthaveaclue » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:23 pm

Done and driveshafts in. Back one is to short to offroad but still do fine for moving it around. ImageImageImageImage

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Post by donthaveaclue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Rust repair. I have no desire to wire in this heat but I need to get that done. I'll get the electrical buttoned up this week so I can drive it on the road. ImageImageImageImageImage