Newb questions.

General discussion area. Anything goes here.

Moderators: Exec Committee, Mods, Admin

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Newb questions.

Post by donthaveaclue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:36 pm

Here's a list of stupid questions I have.

1. If the trails are one way and hard to turn around how to get back to where you started? Someone tows you?

1a. If breakage happens on the trail I assume we hope someone has the right tool to fix it?

2. I would assume I'd fall into the level 1 or 2 group as I have no lockers and stock everything.

3. How would I know where to even go for a ride? Just tag along on rides posted in the facebook group?

4. Do you really use your CB or is it for a just in case?

5. Do most trailer your rig or drive where you are going.

Nothing I've got is currently licenseable or insured so that knocks me out of rides. I do want to try out some trails and such and see if it's something I would do before dumping money into my ride.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TwoStep
Official Club Member

Re: Newb questions.

Post by TwoStep » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:34 am

You give new meaning to the term "newb questions"... :lol:
donthaveaclue wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:36 pm
1. If the trails are one way and hard to turn around how to get back to where you started? Someone tows you? I assume you mean if you break? It all totally depends on the location. The easiest way out of the trail is usually the way that you would want to go.

1a. If breakage happens on the trail I assume we hope someone has the right tool to fix it? Yup, and if not then you just make due with what you have. It all depends on the circumstances. We've made parts runs while someone was broken down and waiting on the trail. Then we've drug people out on skids.

2. I would assume I'd fall into the level 1 or 2 group as I have no lockers and stock everything.

3. How would I know where to even go for a ride? Just tag along on rides posted in the facebook group? Yes, that is correct. Just keep an eye out.

4. Do you really use your CB or is it for a just in case? Most folks are moving to GMRS or some other type of VHF/UHF radio but I still have my CB, and it gets used quite a bit.

5. Do most trailer your rig or drive where you are going. 50/50 probably

Nothing I've got is currently licenseable or insured so that knocks me out of rides. I do want to try out some trails and such and see if it's something I would do before dumping money into my ride. Yeah, it is hard to deal with "non-licensable" vehicles. Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing screams poor workmanship more than wrinkles in the duct tape.

or
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Post by donthaveaclue » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:52 am

The rock crawler is 100% no go never be road legal. The 4runner will be however within the next month or so.

Thanks for the answers.

TwoStep
Official Club Member

Post by TwoStep » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:55 am

What is the story with the crawler?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing screams poor workmanship more than wrinkles in the duct tape.

or
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ

donthaveaclue
Unverified Spammer

Post by donthaveaclue » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:30 am

Toyota truck. 529 gears, welded diffs, chrome mol axles etc. Yet powered buy a 22r with a little work done it. It belongs to a friend but I've got full use. My brother has seen it in action and I dont understand the physics of how it can go almost straight up and not tip over. I would think at 80* the force of the acceleration would flip it. I'm not a rock crawler.

Super nice guy. He said he'd role it for me if I wanted to experiance it. Its nothing fancy but something he piddled with in his shop. Image