Radiators

General discussion area. Anything goes here.

Moderators: Exec Committee, Mods, Admin

Jpwhalen
Weekend Warrior

Radiators

Post by Jpwhalen » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:50 pm

I have a 04 wj with a leaking radiator from not sure where lol had it pressure tested but still not sure where it’s coming from has a new top radiator hose and new clamps and was leaking some before I put new hose on cause the hose looked somewhat worn but what’s your opinions on aluminum radiators? This is the 2 radiator that has been in it in the last few yrs, the one I have now is just a little over yr old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ51973
Exec Committee Member

Re: Radiators

Post by CJ51973 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:56 pm

Jpwhalen wrote:I have a 04 wj with a leaking radiator from not sure where lol had it pressure tested but still not sure where it’s coming from has a new top radiator hose and new clamps and was leaking some before I put new hose on cause the hose looked somewhat worn but what’s your opinions on aluminum radiators? This is the 2 radiator that has been in it in the last few yrs, the one I have now is just a little over yr old

Dry everything off, start it and look for leaks. I have had to put two hose clamps on before to get a good seal. It would seem a year old radiator shouldn’t be leaking

88 YJ, 258/TF999/4:10 8.8 Ford