New Year's Day ride

Old posts from trail rides and events.

Moderators: Exec Committee, Admin

Droopy
Original Krawler

Post by Droopy » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:18 pm

rmyers2051 wrote:Wife and I INTEND on being at the chairlift parking lot around 9:30/9:45am. I presume without asking ya'll will let my little BroncoII join the Jeep'in parade?
Jeep parade? LOL :pbj: Hisel will be there in his Chevy, so you are more than welcome on the Jeep parade. ;)

Boxer
Rope Puller

Post by Boxer » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:51 pm

Was a fun ride for sure. Can't believe the turnout for what started out as two guys in stockers :pbj: Will let someone else fill in the carnage report ;)

ROKR8D
Rock Addict

Post by ROKR8D » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:52 am

That was a fun day, and a great turnout for a ride! And THANK YOU to everyone who stuck around to make sure we got back from Carb in one piece! That's a large statement about the club and it was very reassuring to see everyone back in the parking lot. :rock

Conn flexing and bouncing on the rev limiter

Conn lost a bead on Rattlesnake - Yuck

Outlaw
Axle Breaker

Post by Outlaw » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:39 pm

Yep,lot of people there for sure.

Carnage,got my TJ muddy and my little girl fell on Moonshine while the jeep guru's were trying to get Kim outa the woods.

Saw one guy in a Yota almost do the big nasty on Play Rock.I mean he was headed over the big hill.Only thing saved his fanny was he gassed on it real hard and pulled out of it.

rmyers2051
Stump Junky

Post by rmyers2051 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:43 pm

Scott_KY_98TJ wrote:

Conn lost a bead on Rattlesnake - Yuck
But he never lost his hat!
Some people are like Slinkies, not good for anything. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Cell# 494-2259

nosliw
Offroad Shop Vendor

Post by nosliw » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:59 pm

YAHOO!

Yup.......Never lost my hat!!!!! And tried not to lose my smile!!!

AWESOME weekend. I'm glad the groups split up a a little bit towards the end of the day to try and enjoy ALL of the woods and not sitting in a traffic jam on the main trail. Sorry if i was a little fast at times for those who followed me. Droopy and Corum know how I am with trails....(WFO through Tellico! Didn't someone get sick on the main trail down there?) I like to get to the tough stuff quick....

Kudos to Scott for the pics, being 100% trail ready with the trail gear, and for letting me get mud all over his purty blue air line while airing up my busted bead.

Happy new year to everyone!

See you in the woods again in '05!

Conn

D
Axle Twister

Post by D » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:38 am

that figures, only two pics, both of conn, how does he do that?
------------------
full bodied, fender flared :sqirrel:
A/C, top on, bird watchin,
flower smelin, scientific ridin

ROKR8D
Rock Addict

Post by ROKR8D » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:03 am

Pays cash ha. Only other ones I have are of ME.
Little old red TJ that sits in the garage dreaming of Jellico....

nosliw
Offroad Shop Vendor

Post by nosliw » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:13 am

D wrote:that figures, only two pics, both of conn, how does he do that?
i'm cooler than you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ;)

Boxer
Rope Puller

Post by Boxer » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:25 am

D wrote:that figures, only two pics, both of conn, how does he do that?
He's only around when a camera is? :) That and he actually came to the ride :pbj:

bgwyllys61
Internet Addict

Post by bgwyllys61 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:47 pm

so where are the rest of the pics?
Will
#########################
97 xj country
hp 44 locked 5.13s
ford 9" locked 5.13s
36" TSLs
Hybrid cage
custom 3 link front

tsjay
Ramp Krawler

Post by tsjay » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:05 pm

Outlaw wrote:
tsjay wrote:"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?"

Yes,but I missed the part where the little jeep with 31s got all messed up

Geez, Ron, you paint a nice picture of Tellico. :)

Tellico is not Slade.They got places down there that could kill you.More than most if you don't know what you are doing.I like Tellico.I like the tough trails.I have never been down there that someone did not roll or really tear part of their jeep up'

I hope the "tame" trails are not TOO boring. It sounds like you ain't real impressed with 'em, though, huh?

I would not drive that far to run the little jeep trails.I can understand about your friends coming up.Just letting you know what you are in for.If none of your buds have never been there you all are in trouble.Some of my friends from Louisville went down there and where running the trails backwards. :o
The trails are numberd as to there toughness.If you go with guys that have big tires,lifts,then someone is not going to be happy.Your 31 inch jeep can not run the big trails down there.If you were a little worried about Slade you really need to be worried about Tellico.

There are a lot of guys on this board that have been down there in a big rain that had D-60s 39 inch tires,lockers and they couldn't do a thing down there.That place is real bad in the rain.You go up a trail,the water comes down.You'll see what I mean when you get there.

Good Luck.
Ron:

Man, after the first day, I thought you really had summed it up just right: everything was going to be too tough or too boring, with not much in between. We got started on the trails just after lunchtime on Friday, 12/31/04.

Not knowing a single thing about where we should or should not go, except for some brief warnings about where NOT to go from some wheelin' buds who had been there only once, we headed up Trail 4 and were so bored with it that we took Trail 3 to hopefully pick up the pace. Trail 3 turned out to be even more boring than Trail 4, so we turned around and headed back to Trail 4.

On Saturday, we decided to run Trail 2 until it got to the real hard part called Rock Garden. There appeared to be a dirt road we could take to by-pass that tough section of Trail 2. Well, we never got as far as that dirt road, because we hit an obstacle that no one wanted to tackle. It was a huge rock with an almost vertical face that we would have to go down. It was about a seven or eight foot drop in elevation. We turned around at that point and headed back to Trail 1. Now the part of Trail 2 that we ran was LOTS of fun for the baby Jeeps that we had.

We shot up Trail 1, which is really just like a county road (think it IS a county road) to Trail 6. Now Trail 6 took the whole afternoon for us to run, and we all really liked it. There were some spots here and there that were a decent challenge for small Jeeps like ours. It was dark by the time we hit the intersection of Trail 6 and Trail 4. We ran Trail 4 back to Trail 5, which led us back to Trail 1. Trail 4 was not at all boring on that upper end where Trail 6 hooked up with it. It was dark by then, so we really were not looking for "challenging" obstacles at that point. :)

Hey, I would go back, and that's probably gonna happen this summer.

I was afraid to try to even get to a point where we could see the famous obstacles, like Guardrail, Helicopter Pad, Slick Rock, or School Bus. I wasn't sure there would be a way to turn around, and I knew we sure didn't want to be trying those spots. I wish we had had someone to lead us who knew those trails. :(

WARNING! The trail ratings on the above map are meaningless! They have Trail 3 rated at the same level as Trail 2. I have gone over speed bumps worse than any obstacle on Trail 3, but Trail 2 had some real challenges for a Jeep on 31's, like mine.

Sure some pretty country over there!

Tom

Thelma Jane/01Sport/wht/blk hrd tp/5spd/D44 & Detr Sft Lckr rear/D30 & LockRight frnt/Warn 9.5 Ti/Kilby gas tank skid/Sun Performance Rocker Guards/2" Procomp lift/31 x 10.50 BFG Muds/poison spider corner panels

AppYJ
Mud Bogger

Tellico

Post by AppYJ » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:51 pm

I'm sorry that I just found your post, Tom. I would have loved to have joined you and your buds at Tellico. I live here in Murphy, and have a slightly modified YJ. It is sometimes hard to find a group to ride with that I can keep up with. I hate to slow the monsters down. Anyway, next trip, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will join you. I usually have some idea of what shape the trails are in. Hope to see ya soon.

Kevin

tsjay
Ramp Krawler

Post by tsjay » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:49 am

Kevin:

Thanks! I want to take you up on that offer! Not sure just when yet, but me and my buds want to come back this summer sometime.

I have emailed you.

Tom
Thelma Jane/01Sport/wht/blk hrd tp/5spd/D44 & Detr Sft Lckr rear/D30 & LockRight frnt/Warn 9.5 Ti/Kilby gas tank skid/Sun Performance Rocker Guards/2" Procomp lift/31 x 10.50 BFG Muds/poison spider corner panels

Boxer
Rope Puller

Post by Boxer » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:10 pm

Was a great ride for sure.